Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A long-winded one...

Oh man. I haven't posted in over a month! Sorry about that. Things have just been kindof crazy with holidays, new buildings, and remodeling. Here's an update on things:

#1) I'm doing great at almost 35 weeks in my pregnancy. Only 2 weeks until I'll be considered "full-term", but still another 5 weeks until my due date of 2/4. I'm getting more and more tired as the days go on. In fact, I'll be starting reduced hours at work as of January 2. I'll only work 6 hours a day instead of 8. I'll be using those extra 2 hours to get in extra rest and sleep. Also, not sure if everyone knows this yet or not, but I won't be returning to work after the baby arrives. I'll be making a career change to full-time mommy. Padg and I are very, very excited about that. Here's a picture of the little one at 34 weeks and 4 days...
#2) Padg and I are debt-free!! We started our debt payoff last December and have managed to pay off two credit cards, two vehicles, a school loan, and a few other smaller debts since then. We worked really hard at it all year. Our goal was to be debt-free before the birth of our first child. And we did it with a few weeks to spare. It's because of this accomplishment that I'm going to be able to make the above-mentioned career change. ;)

#3) The tool shed is done! And it's beautiful. Well, it's done enough for now anyway. All that's left is a little painting and a window installment, but that's it. Here are some pictures of the masterpiece. Special thanks to all of our helpers: Bruce & Shari, Jon, Rob, Scott, Chandra, and Eric. We could not have done it without you all.
#4) Nursery renovations have begun. Bruce & Shari came back to Dallas for Christmas and are here through New Years to help. Jon has been a big help as well. Turns out there's a whole lot more to do than we anticipated. So we're hoping and praying that we'll get it done before Baby arrives. Here are some pictures of the progress so far...
Before...
In progress (I'm so excited at how beautiful the floors are)...
#5) I've had two more baby showers since my family one in Houston in November. My friends Chandra, Karen, & Laura threw one for me in Dallas on 12/2. It was beautiful and so much fun. And my co-workers threw me another one at work on 12/13. I had such a great time. Thanks to Sarah, Stephanie, Ruth, Viki & Tamara for the very special day. I'll post pictures from these two showers as soon as I receive them.

Let's see...what else. Have I left anything out? I don't think so. I guess that's enough, isn't it? ;) I promise not to wait so long before my next post. Hope everyone is doing well and that you all had a nice holiday. Love to all!

1 comment:

Uniquebouquets said...

You guys are doing so wonderful Paige. I'm so happy for you and Bryan!

Someday, hopefully soon, Brad and I can share the same joy that you & Bryan are right now.

I can't wait to see that cutie baby girl!!!

Want automatic blog updates?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner