Monday, June 09, 2008

Mother's Day Out

I enrolled Topher in a Mother's Day Out program for the summer. He goes to this "day care" every Wednesday from 9am to 3pm. Last Wednesday, June 4th was his first day. I was a little nervous how he would react when I dropped him off, but it turns out there was no need to be. He was such a brave little guy. There were 3 kids who had just been dropped off and they were screaming bloody murder for their mommy's but Topher went in and headed straight for the toys and didn't even look back. I have to say I was the slightest bit hurt that he didn't cry when I left, but I was mostly proud. I've been told that it means he's very secure with himself.

I had a great day off. I went shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding and then I had lunch with a friend and just enjoyed having a few hours to myself to do what I wanted to do. This Wednesday I'm thinking of painting our dining room, or maybe rearranging the nursery to make room for his big boy bed. Or maybe I'll just relax and take it easy that day. Nah. :)

Here's a pic of him in the back of the day care room playing with the toys right before I left.

No comments:

Want automatic blog updates?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner