Wednesday, June 09, 2010

HOLA!!!!

Buenos dias. Padg and I returned from Mexico this past Sunday. What a fantastic time (other than the traveling part). It's amazing how our stress completely melted away as soon as we stepped foot in our rental house. For 5 days we did a whole lot of nothing. Sitting on our front porch watching the waves, hanging out on our sun deck watching the waves, lounging in our hammocks or lounge chairs in the common area watching the waves, walking on the beach watching the waves, dining at ocean-front restaurants watching the waves, or getting into the ocean and playing in the waves. We did take a walk through the village a couple of times. I mean, we weren't completely lazy every day. Just most of each day.

The pelicans were also fun to watch. The way they soar over the waves and then swoop down and dive right in to catch fish. Bryan was especially fascinated by them. It's very relaxing to watch. We found a great little spot amongst the rocks on the edge of the water where we could sit and watch up close. Those are some big birds. Not too pretty, but fascinating nonetheless. Sad to say I didn't get any pictures of the birds. :(

The food was wonderful. We had a kitchen in our rental so we were able to cook most breakfasts and snacks and whatever. But we loved getting to go out to eat a few times, too. We had some Argentinian beef one night that was simply incredible. It literally melted in our mouths. We had a bit left over so I heated it up with our eggs the next morning for some breakfast tacos. YUMMY!! And then there was my fish dinner. I never thought I'd eat a fish that was placed on my plate whole, eyes and all, but I did. And I'm so glad I did. Fresh snapper sauteed in garlic and it was fan-freakin-tastic. I did get a picture of it before devouring it. See below.
I am also including some videos (bottom of page) of the rental house because it's just so darn awesome. We absolutely love this place.

In the meantime, Topher and Cole are having a blast in Kansas with Grandma and Grandpa. Fishing, tractor rides, baby kittens, and of course, Duke the dog have been keeping them quite busy. Not sure they miss mommy and daddy very much. Certainly not nearly as much as mommy and daddy miss them. Here are some pics of their fun...


Videos of La Puesta del Sol...



No comments:

Want automatic blog updates?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner