Saturday, April 25, 2009

2 Week Post...A few days late (a long post)

Well I'm a few days late getting Cole's 2-week post out. It's been kind of a hectic week. Cole is doing really well with his eating and sleeping schedule, though we have had some off days. He eats every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. He's beginning to have more and more "wake times" each day so that's been great. My main goal at this point is to keep him from "snacking" so I do all I can to make sure he gets a full feeding each time I nurse. Getting into this habit is the first step in getting him to sleep through the night. Topher started sleeping through the night at 12 weeks. My goal with Cole is to have him sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. Wish me luck!

Cole had his 2-week check up on Wednesday. He weighed in at 8lbs 6.5oz and is still 22" long. We can definitely tell that he's filling out. He's getting quite chubby. On another note about weight, I have to brag on myself again...as of Wednesday, I've lost all the weight I gained during the pregnancy plus one pound. And I weighed again on Friday just for grins and giggles and I had lost another 2 pounds. So all in all I have lost 19 pounds since giving birth to Cole. I couldn't be more thrilled!!!

Mimi and Papa Morris were here to help out this week and it was great having them here. They were a huge help. They left today so now we are officially on our own. It's good, though. Bryan and I have to figure this whole "parenting a toddler and newborn" thing out for ourselves at some point, so here goes. Wish us luck. Oh and Topher woke up with a stomach bug this morning. He is having trouble keeping anything down so we're in for a true test. You might wanna say a few prayers for us while your wishing us luck. ;)

Here are some new pictures of Cole and a few of his proud grandparents as well. By the way, Cole is their TWENTIETH grandchild!! Wow!!!


And here are some pictures with his big brother. Topher is still in the "I'm not sure about this" stage, but I'm sure he'll come around soon.

No comments:

Want automatic blog updates?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner